Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Zara and H&M in class assignment

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I learned, in class today, that the clothing is sent back to the headquarters of Zara. That they aren't just shipped from the store in Portugal or china. I find this admirable of the company, that they care this much to have the clothing sent back to the headquarters and checked. I can't imagine a 5-million square foot building. I did not realize that it was so important to know how the consumers will react to the products before the products are even released. H & M has companies in more places than Zara. Zara seems more high end, only in Spain and China, whereas H&M seems more common, in more places, like Sweden and many other parts of Europe and Asia. I think it is really interesting to learn about how important it is to really attract the customers to buy your stuff, and its not about setting up a cute outfit in the display window, they really think through what they put there and what they have "on display" in the store. Its a genius way to get the customer to buy their products. A really good question Mrs.Lawson told us, that another student told her, was "How do companies know where to put their stores?" It is a great question which leads me to more, Is their a buisness to where people put their business, and if so what is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment